Pulled the engine out this afternoon in preparation for a test fit on the ca18det going in. Then i can work out where everything will go, whats needed where, then pull engine back out to freshen up and finish off the engine bay.
So I had a bit of a road trip in the voyager last weekend and managed to fill it up with engines and gearboxes. I still had another gearbox and a few boxes of bits to fit in after this lot
One of them is destined for the wagon and the other is ricky180b's.
So out with the old
And trial fit the new
So next job is make 2 lots of brackets to fit an alloy s13 rad in the front for the wagon and rickys saloon, try and work out how to hide an intercooler and get the pipe work through past the rad. This should be fun:
Then pull the engine back out and go fit it in YPK, then rebuild the other one to go into the wagon at a later date.
Sorted out most of the pipework today, measured up for intercooler pipework. Now just got to finish off making the brackets to hold the radiator in place.
For future reference i'm using a s13 gearbox and it dropped straight in on original mounts front and rear (using original crossmember) and all i need to do is trim a bit of the tunnel as the 2 rear bolts in this picture are hard against the underside of tunnel.
The position of the gearstick isn't a problem, i just turned the gearstick that al made for his laurel round (well im guessing its the other way round normally)
I got a front section of prop from an s13 and it seems the right length so hopefully i can swap the rear flanges over (bigger flange on s13) and not have to get the prop shortened.